Welcome from Jacksonville Kids Pediatrics... Where Parents and Pediatricians are Partners........
3/20/2020- We currently have Telehealth visits available if needed. Please call our office for more information and if you need an appointment.
3/18/2020- UPDATED COVID-19 Information for our patients and families
Our new office scheduling dynamics are working great! Well visits and non-contagious visits such as pre op exams, ADHD/behavioral evaluations, and vaccine only visits are being done in the morning or very early afternoons. All sick visits with ill symptoms are being seen in their cars, so you have no exposure to others contagious illness. Our patients are loving it! We are offering telehealth visits with our providers this week starting this Wed afternoon. Please call for details on what your platform is (Skype or Facetime) and to see if your child is a candidate for this type of visit. We are all in this together and we will get through this together.....
JK Peds is here for your well and sick needs. We are changing some things during the COVID-19 outbreak: Our priority is to keep our patients and staff healthy and protected during this outbreak:
Well visits/other routine visits
1. Our front door will be locked to avoid any unannounced walk in sick visit to protect our well patients and staff
2. Please call our office once you arrive for your appointment
3. Please come to the visit with one parent/family member, and no siblings if at all possible
4. Well visits will complete their paperwork in their cars then will be brought into a “well visit only” room for their exam and vaccines.
5. All well visits will be seen in the mornings only so there will be no contagious illness around your family
6. Non-contagious visits such as ADHD checks, ear rechecks, vaccine only visits, ankle sprains can also be seen at designated times so they are not exposed to any illness.
1. Call our office before bringing your child in – our front door will remain locked to walk ins
2. We are screening all callers with questionnaires before bringing them into our office
3. We are offering telephone provider visits that can be billed to your insurance
4. We are seeing our ill patients in their cars and can obtain vitals, testing for RSV, flu, strep, and examine patients in their cars when possible.
5. We should be ready for virtual visits with a webcam later this week for cold symptoms, sinus infections, ear pain in older children, pinkeye, rashes, injuries, behavioral/ADHD follow ups, other complaints if possible. These visits will be billed to your insurance and subject to the usual copays.
6. At this time we do not have the capacity to test for COVID-19, but drive through testing sites should be available this week and the hospitals have testing capabilities.
If you have any other questions or concerns about COVID-19, Please contact the Florida Department of Health Hotline at 1-866-779-6121.
PATIENT PORTAL...UP AND RUNNING! We are so excited about our patient portal. You will be able to schedule/reschedule ill appointments, well appointments, ask questions, and access your child's vaccine record, lab results, patient care summaries, and pay your bill online. We will also be starting to send appointment reminders via cell/text/email, all through the secure patient portal. Please ask us for a portal PIN number to access and let us know how you prefer to be contacted.
Are you looking for a compassionate, family-centered pediatrician in Jacksonville? You've come to the right place. At Jacksonville Kids Pediatrics, we specialize in medical care for kids, and would love to get to know you and your family better. Our commitment is to help children reach their highest potential by working with parents to promote and maintain their highest potential by working with parents to promote and maintain their child's physical and emotional well-being from birth to college years.
Dr. Kostur believes that accessibility, understanding, and comfort are the cornerstones for an exceptional pediatric practice. To achieve this goal, we offer convenient office hours, helpful patient resources and an outstanding level of support and expertise. So whether you're visiting for the first time or the hundredth time, you'll receive the same quality, educational and compassionate service with every appointment.
Services We Offer:
Please take a few moments to explore our informational website.This website gives you easy access to our practice, including directions, hours of operations, payment policies, service details, information about our pediatric staff and even a link to request an appointment. It also includes answers to some of our most commonly asked questions. If you have any questions or want to schedule your child's first visit to our office, feel free to contact us today. Our friendly and highly knowledgeable staff is available to support and assist you with any questions or concerns you may have. Please take a look at our blog for more informational articles and/or practice news
"I have been taking my son to Dr. Kostur for the last 12 years and words can not describe how happy I have been with her care. She is very detail oriented, extremely knowledgeable, always listens to my concerns and has my child's best interest in mind at all times. She treats my son as if he were her own and I love that about her. My son is now 17 and does not want to go see an adult Dr. He only wants to see Dr. Kostur."
- Holly N., Jacksonville, FL
"As an OB/GYN, I am often approached by expectant mothers to recommend a pediatrician. Without hesitation I endorse Dr. Kostur. She is not only a colleague but has cared for both of my children from birth. She approaches her job with a good balance of compassion and knowledge. She is sensible and approachable. She is always thorough, but does not order unnecessary tests. Her office is well run and the staff is helpful and accommodating. I would not think about taking my children to another pediatric office!"
- S.D., Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Meet the Doctor
Dr. Alexandra Kostur
Dr. Kostur is a board-certified pediatrician with over a decade of pediatric experience in general office pediatrics and emergency pediatrics. Dr. Kostur is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and completed her pediatric residency in 2003 at one of the nation's top-ranked children's hospitals,Cincinnati Childrens Hospital Medical Center.