Please note: We will be open Thursday December 31st until noon and then closed for the New Years Holiday on Friday 1/1 and Saturday 1/2, and will reopen Monday 1/4 at 8:30 am. Happy New Year everyone!
Flu shots are in!! Please call the office today to set up your appointment. We are offering flu shot clinics on certain days, available as a "drive thru" option where you don't even have to leave your car.
We have made some temporary changes to our Saturday hours. We are currently open Saturdays from 10am-2pm. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
We now have Rapid COVID tests available with results back in 15 minutes! UPDATED COVID-19 Information for our patients and families :
We are seeing all well patients and non-contagious visit inside of our office. We are offering brief car visits for sick visits for patients who prefer this, and also certain visits may be done via telehealth from the comfort of your own home. We are using a private secure platform through Doxy Me that is working great. Schedule today and receive a text to connect with your provider, our patients are loving this option... We are also very excited to now offer a rapid COVID test that is a simple nasal swab and results are back in 15 minutes!
JK Peds is always here for your well and sick needs. We are changing some things during the COVID-19 outbreak: Our priority is to keep our patients and staff healthy and protected during this outbreak: Here's what you can expect:
Well visits/other routine visits
1. Our front door will remain locked to avoid any unannounced walk ins to protect our well patients and staff
2. Please call our office once you arrive for your appointment at (904) 446-9991 and our staff will bring out any paperwork in the car.
3. You will fill out a COVID questionnaire screening. Please do not come to the office if you have been exposed or travelled, or been diagnosed with COVID for at least 14 days.
4. Please come to the visit with one parent/family member, and no siblings if at all possible, and bring your masks.
5. Well visits will then be brought into a “well visit only” room for their exam and vaccines.
6. Non-contagious visits such as ADHD checks, ear rechecks, vaccine only visits, ankle sprains etc. can also be seen at designated times so they are not exposed to any illness.
7. Please try to pay any outstanding bills at the time of scheduling or when you arrive by credit card or via our secure portal.
1. Call our office before bringing your child in – our front door will remain locked to walk ins
2. We are offering multiple types of ill visits: email picture reviews, telephone provider visits, telehealth visits with video examination/chat via the DoxyMe secure platform, brief car visits for checking ears and listening to lungs. All of these visits are billed to your insurance.
3. If you are being seen in the car by the provider, or if you are testing for RSV, flu, strep, or COVID, please remain in your cars and all occupants please wear a mask. Please bring only the child being seen the one parent/family member if at all possible.
If you have any other questions or concerns about COVID-19, Please contact our office, or the Florida Department of Health Hotline at 1-866-779-6121.
Welcome from Jacksonville Kids Pediatrics... Where Parents and Pediatricians are Partners........
PATIENT PORTAL...UP AND RUNNING! We are so excited about our patient portal. You will be able to schedule/reschedule ill appointments, well appointments, ask questions, and access your child's vaccine record, lab results, patient care summaries, and pay your bill online. We will also be starting to send appointment reminders via cell/text/email, all through the secure patient portal. Please ask us for a portal PIN number to access and let us know how you prefer to be contacted.
Are you looking for a compassionate, family-centered pediatrician in Jacksonville? You've come to the right place. At Jacksonville Kids Pediatrics, we specialize in medical care for kids, and would love to get to know you and your family better. Our commitment is to help children reach their highest potential by working with parents to promote and maintain their highest potential by working with parents to promote and maintain their child's physical and emotional well-being from birth to college years.
Dr. Kostur believes that accessibility, understanding, and comfort are the cornerstones for an exceptional pediatric practice. To achieve this goal, we offer convenient office hours, helpful patient resources and an outstanding level of support and expertise. So whether you're visiting for the first time or the hundredth time, you'll receive the same quality, educational and compassionate service with every appointment.
Services We Offer:
Please take a few moments to explore our informational website.This website gives you easy access to our practice, including directions, hours of operations, payment policies, service details, information about our pediatric staff and even a link to request an appointment. It also includes answers to some of our most commonly asked questions. If you have any questions or want to schedule your child's first visit to our office, feel free to contact us today. Our friendly and highly knowledgeable staff is available to support and assist you with any questions or concerns you may have. Please take a look at our blog for more informational articles and/or practice news
"I have been taking my son to Dr. Kostur for the last 12 years and words can not describe how happy I have been with her care. She is very detail oriented, extremely knowledgeable, always listens to my concerns and has my child's best interest in mind at all times. She treats my son as if he were her own and I love that about her. My son is now 17 and does not want to go see an adult Dr. He only wants to see Dr. Kostur."
- Holly N., Jacksonville, FL
"As an OB/GYN, I am often approached by expectant mothers to recommend a pediatrician. Without hesitation I endorse Dr. Kostur. She is not only a colleague but has cared for both of my children from birth. She approaches her job with a good balance of compassion and knowledge. She is sensible and approachable. She is always thorough, but does not order unnecessary tests. Her office is well run and the staff is helpful and accommodating. I would not think about taking my children to another pediatric office!"
- S.D., Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Meet the Doctor
Dr. Alexandra Kostur
Dr. Kostur is a board-certified pediatrician with over a decade of pediatric experience in general office pediatrics and emergency pediatrics. Dr. Kostur is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and completed her pediatric residency in 2003 at one of the nation's top-ranked children's hospitals,Cincinnati Childrens Hospital Medical Center.